Saturday 20 August 2011

Day 25 - Lake Garda


We had booked two nights at the lake so it was a leisurely day planned. We woke and had some breakfast and just chilled out for the morning, which included me finishing the wiring of the rear speakers.
After lunch we decided we would take a walk to the little island, which was just off the point of the camping ground. The walk involved getting wet up to your waist so we both stuck our swimming gear on and headed off.
The water in the lake was warm and clear, which made it a very pleasant little walk. Once on the island we had a little wander around before going for a swim. As we did not know how deep the water was for the walk over we never took a camera, which was a shame as we could have got some really nice shots of the campsite but nevermind. After the swim we lay and enjoyed the sun for a while before heading back to the main site where we decided to break out the beach bats which was good fun.
At around 4pm it was time to think about dinner again and we thought why not have another braai (bbq) as our chances before this had been limited due to site rules. That decided I jumped on my bike and headed back to lidl to get the essentials.
This time I did not get lost and was fairly confident in getting back in decent time so much so that I purchased some ice lollies. This however did mean I needed to set a decent speed on the way back to avoid them melting in my bag as it was 30c.
I’m happy to report that I made it home in lightning pace and an ice lolly was a good reward as I was sweating rather a lot.
The braai once again went down a storm and enjoyed the evening watching the sun go down drinking wine. This site was definitely one of the best sites we had been too although it was very pricey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment